Business Development Lighting Engineer
Competitive Salary package based on experience
Yorkshire - North West
Park Lighting Design is a specialist division of Park Electrical Distributors. Park was founded in 1990 and is based in the North East of England. The Lighting Design team work closely with M&E contractors and consultants engineers to deliver fully compliant lighting projects to the highest standards. We have direct access and support from leading lighting brands and suppliers enabling us to offer bespoke custom designs and service solution.
Our clients expect and receive exceptional value for money and service along with a suburb delivery logistics and project management service.
Due to planned expansion, we are keen to speak with an ambitious and tenacious Sales Engineer. The main objective of the role is to generate new and maintain existing M&E business across Yorkshire and North West. The Sales Engineer will be based on patch and will be responsible for growth within their region through effective business development and networking.
The Sales Engineer should possess a knowledge of new business development and relationship building techniques. They should be comfortable building relationships from scratch with senior stakeholders, being naturally inquisitive about their businesses and then able to identify opportunities for products and solutions to benefit the business.
They should also be comfortable self-generated leads that they can follow up and convert into sales opportunities. They should have a good understanding of lighting, lighting system and the broader lighting industry. A high standard of questioning skills will be required to uncover opportunity for future business.
- New Business Development, work along side the Sales Manager to strategical develop and grow the sales in the area.
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key customers at all levels.
- Generate the quotation opportunities.
- Achieve monthly sales revenue and gross profit targets.
- Work with the technical design team to understand the customers’ requirements and identifying who’s best to work with to achieve the required result.
- Produce lighting design schemes, quotation and presentation when needed.
- Report back to the business with monthly progress report on KPI’s.
- Meet expected training and development requirements for the job role.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Previous experience in the lighting industry
- Lighting Product knowledge.
- Office 365 knowledge
- Good communication Skills
Desired but not essential skills
- LIA Certificate of some kind and or other relevant qualifications or experience would be advantageous
Working remotely from Home, Yorkshire and North West, along the M62 corridor.
The role is both diverse and challenging, offering a fantastic career path for an enthusiastic driven person.
If you would like to apply for this role, in the first instance please forward your CV to Mr Karl Snowdon,